W124 Self levelling suspension

As horrific to fix at W123 self levelling? Do all the estates have it?

Reply to
Doki

I thought most people ripped it out and just put gas shocks in?

Reply to
Conor

If it's the same system as on W123s, it's unfortunately not that simple. Actually, let me have a quick gander at the Haynes BOL that I happen to have for W124s...

Yes, it seems to be a very similar, uncannily Citroen-like system like it is on the W123. And my guess is that you'll have a hard time sourcing regular shocks for that system...

Reply to
Timo Geusch