1972 mustang Transmission safety switch

I have a 72 mach 1 Mustang with no Motor are transmission . I am buying a junk yard 351c with C6 from a 1974 Cougar. I can't find a netural safety switch on the Cougar transmission. Where should the switch be on a 72 mustang C6 Tranny. Can this combination work?

Reply to
fdavis

make sure that the motor/tranny is from a floor shift car (i beleive that cougars were that year. The neutral/backup lamp switch is actually located on the shift shaft coming out of the side of the trans. many times when they are pulled at yards they remaove all the shift linkage leaving you with just the stud to mount your stuff to. Most mustang vendors can come up with the switch for you

Reply to
walt peifer