1991 GT Convertible question

The 'dome lights' (I guess that is what you would call the lights built into the rearvew mirror) will not turn off. I had someone tell me that the problem might be a stuck relay...which alos makes it so my alarm will not arm. My question is, is this plausible? Would a a stuck relay make the lights stay on all the time? Where would this relay be located?

I have disconnected the lights for now.

Thanks,

Rico

Reply to
Side3

My Fords dome lights come on when I lift the door handles half ways so they have a switch connected to the handle. My 97 Ranger had a problem with the dome light not turning off and I sprayed WD40 in the latch area where the striker hits. Problem gone. I also don't know what year Ford started putting these switches in Mustangs.

Reply to
Gill

Make sure the dimmer dial on the dash isn't all the way over. It has a "dome on" position that you feel with a little click.

John

Side3 wrote:

Reply to
jmvannoy

My '79 had a plunger actuated door sensor that was not part of the lock/catch mechanism.

Reply to
cprice

OK, Fred Flintstone had a bird that he pulled on it's tail. :-)

Reply to
Gill

Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea! John had the winning answer..the dimmer switch was the culprit. I now can not only use my 'dome' lights, but my alarm now sets.

Thanks again,

Rico

JohnV@nn wrote:

Reply to