1991 Labaron Convertible

Just brought a 1991 Labaron Convertible.

I love this car

Can anyone direct me to a web site that can help me understand the specs on the car through the VIN number

Much appreciated

Reply to
ABA CPM

With the right options, a few tweaks and upgrades, and proper maintenance, they are reliable and fun cars.

There's not a whole lot you can glean from the VIN as regards the vehicle's specifications. The VIN is 17 digits long.

1st digit: Country of manufacture- 1 = USA 2 = Canada 3 = Mexico 2nd digit: Vehicle brand- C = Chrysler

3rd digit: Type of vehicle- 3 = Passenger car

4th digit: Type of occupant restraint system- A = Driver and passenger air bags B = Driver and passenger manual belts C = Driver and passenger automatic belts X = Driver air bag, passenger manual belt Y = Driver air bag, passenger automatic belt

5th digit: Vehicle line- J = Chrysler LeBaron 2-door

6th digit: Vehicle trim/spec series- 1 = Economy 2 = Low line 4 = High line 5 = Premium line 6 = Sport/special 7 = Performance/Image

7th digit: Body style- 5 = Convertible

8th digit: Engine- A = 2.2L 16V DOHC 4-cylinder Turbo III J = 2.5L 8V SOHC 4-cylinder Turbo I K = 2.5L 8V SOHC 4-cylinder TBI 3 = 3.0L 12V Mitsubishi V6 MPFI

9th digit: VIN check digit, mathematically calculated from other digits

10th digit: Model year- M = 1991

11th digit: Assembly plant- A = Outer Drive C = Jefferson D = Belvidere F = Newark G = St. Louis I H = Bramalea (Canada) N = Sterling Heights T = Toluca (Mexico)

12th - 17th digit: Vehicle serial number

You can get a great deal more information from the vehicle body code plate(s) located on top of the radiator support panel at the front of the engine compartment under the hood.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I learned on this ng more than a year ago that you can take your VIN to the dealer and from that they can give you a printout (typically 2 or 3 pages) that fully specifies your car, accessories, options, etc. (in the form of sales codes). Comes in handy if a question comes up when ordering parts where vehicle variations or other unknowns are concerned.

After I lost the first printout that I got, I got a second one and scanned it into my computer so I don't loose it. Comes in *very* handy.

Bill Putney

Was it once owned by Jon Voight?

Reply to
Count Floyd

Wasn't Jon's an 80's model with the woodie sides? A post about "nothing."

Reply to
BeeP