CD Stuck in Changer

I have a 2001 GT with the stock in-dash six-disc changer. I tried to eject a disc today (it has to go back to the library), and it would not come out.

I've had this happen before, and once the cabin temperature cooled down, the disc came out. This isn't happening this time.

I can see the disc in the slot, but I cannot grab it, even with my smallest needle-nosed pliers.

Any suggestions?

- Max - ======= Would you believe this man has gone as far as tearing Dubya stickers off the bumpers of cars, and he voted for John F. Kerry for President?

Just Say No to 6:5 Blackjack!

Max C. Webster III

This happens fairly often in my 'stang and Explorer (when warm). Just push it in a little.

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

That happens to me all the time in my F-250 here in Tucson in the summer. I slide my handicapped parking permit in and push down slightly on the CD. It's about the only time I use the permit. LOL

Basically, any thin, but rigid material will work. I know some people use matchbook covers.

------------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.

Thanks Bob and Laurie (your last names wouldn't happen to be Petrie, would it?).

I've tried the push-in trick before, and it's worked, but it didn't work for me this yesterday afternoon.

I let the car sit in my garage over night, and this morning I gave it a little push, hit eject, and out it came.

It's a good thing, too, 'cause it was a library disc due today!

- Max - ======= Would you believe this man has gone as far as tearing Dubya stickers off the bumpers of cars, and he voted for John F. Kerry for President?

Just Say No to 6:5 Blackjack!

Max C. Webster III

Oh, Rob! Ahhhh...Honey. Rob, where's Richie? Don't you love me anymore? Ahhhh...Honey. Oh, Rob!

You mean *that* Rob and Laura?

No, actually. We're just good friends.

Bob (not from New Rochelle) '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

Sshh, you'll give our secrets away.

------------ Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.

"Max C. Webster III" wrote : It's a good thing, too, 'cause it was a library disc due today! :

Sooooo... what were you listening to? I love books on disk! Not only while driving a ways but when I am working around the house or out in the garden, they are the best.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

It was a John Hiatt disc, not a book.

To prove I haven't learned my lesson, I promplty got a Tony Bennett and a Dean Martin disc and put 'em in my changer. I'll be posting again in three weeks.

- Max - ======= Would you believe this man has gone as far as tearing Dubya stickers off the bumpers of cars, and he voted for John F. Kerry for President?

Just Say No to 6:5 Blackjack!

Max C. Webster III

"Max C. Webster III" wrote

: : : It was a John Hiatt disc, not a book. : : To prove I haven't learned my lesson, I promplty got a Tony Bennett and a Dean : Martin disc and put 'em in my changer. I'll be posting again in three weeks. : : : ahhhh yesssss... a sucker for punishment

Reply to
SVTKate

I had the same problem in my 2001 Mustang GT. I used a 6-inch blade knife and carefully pushed down on the outer edge of the CD and it popped out. Never use a CD that has a paper label attached.

Philoman

Reply to
philoman