Clicking Noise

I noticed last Friday that there was a low volume clicking noise when sitting in the car. When I pressed on the clutch the noise went away. My mechanic said that it could either be the throwout bearing or tranny.

The strange thing is that the noise went away later in the day.

I did call to make an appointment with the dealer, but now seems strange that if the noise is gone, what is he going to look/listen for.

It's an 03 GT 5 speed with 25,000 miles on it and when I say that I baby the car, I mean I baby the car.There has been no abused on it whatsoever. Even pushing the car to it's limit is very rare with no chipping of tires at all. As a matter of fact my original Goodyears still look great at 25,000 miles with many more to go.

Air conditioner was not on at the time of the noise.

Any thoughts here on what it could be?

Reply to
MPBSR25

Try taking her out for a good long run... she may be choking to death because you are holding the reins too tight.

The fuel pump makes a little clicking sound.... so does the A/C compressor.. but you knew that already *grin*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

If it goes away when you depress the clutch, it's most likely the throw out bearing riding on the pressure plate fingers. Don't worry about it. Crank up the stereo, burn some rubber, rev the engine to 8K, and have a good time.

Reply to
.boB