Saxo VTR clicking noises

I've got a Citroen Saxo VTR (2001).

Recently there have been some clicking noises coming from somewhere under the dashboard on the passenger side, (passenger side footwell area). The noise occurs intermittently and appears to be exactly the same noise as when I turn the indicator on, but occur when I haven't put the indicator on at all, just driving in a straight line.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Sounds like a possible short somewhere is causing a relay to engage. Probably worth getting an auto-electrician to check for moisture in the fusebox, as AFAIK that's where the fusebox is on Saxos and 106's.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Dirt/dust/grease/whatever inside the steering column cover caused the exact same problem.. I got one of those air-cans with a little tube and blasted it down inside the column around the switch area. Not done it since..

Jinx

Reply to
Mr Jinx