Does anyone have mini versions of their cars?

Hi everyone. I was wondering if any of you have toy versions of your real car, whether it be a diecast or plastic model. Building models is my hobby, and I built a replica of my 90 GT a few years back. It has a place of distinction in my den, and has become a real conversation piece. If anyone else has built models of their cars, I'd love to know what details you added.

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte

I bought a model of a 1987 Grand National and modified it to look like my maroon 1987 Regal Turbo T. I had to heist the wheels from the General Lee because they matched my stock turbine wheels. It turned out great. It sits in my engine bay during car shows. :)

Reply to
Steve B

One of the first things I bought after the car. 1/18 scale diecast. Everything correct including the convertible boot except for the interior color. Mine is white leather the model is black. Maybe, one day I'll change that.

Reply to
Richard

Yup. MIne sits here in the computer room. No mods on it so far.

take care, Scott Modless Wonder #8

Reply to
Scott Stevenson

In my case I have a full size replica of my minicar. Way back in 1966 my brother and I got some toys for Christmas. We each got a blue Galaxie and a red Mustang. These were plastic cars bought from the Ford Dealer. We played with them a lot back in the day. Just a couple of months ago my mom called and said she had a box of my stuff from the attic and please pick it up. In that box were the 4 cars, 3 still in the original boxes! The red Mustang is a carbon copy of the Mustang I bought from the original owner in 1978(still have the car). The Galaxie turns out to be a model of the 7 litre Galaxie. The Mustang sits on top of a bookcase at work.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

While I didn't exactly build it, I got one of mine from here.

have a search, just type mustang.

Reply to
GILL

On which car?

Reply to
Blue Gator

Yes I have models of almost every car I've owned with a few exceptions.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

Since mine is a 98 Cobra with 95 GT taillights, I have four, One 98 red Cobra vert, one 95white GT vert and one 95 Cobra Vert (model in the making) and a red Hotwheels 95 style cobra.

The white ones are hard to find, would love to find a white 98 Cobra model that I could mod to look like mine!

Kate

| > Randy | >

| > We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us | > from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit? | >

SVTKate

lol

Reply to
Silver Stang