electric fuel pump location?

I've got a 70 mustang.... I want to install an electric fuel pump for my new motor. Where's the best location? I've been told it needs to be below the tank.

All replies appreciated. Thanks...

Reply to
rick

Ideally, it should below the bottom of the tank, and close to the tank. That's the ideal spot. But I'v seen them mounted along a frame rail ahead of the axle with good results. A lot of it depends on the type of pump, and where it will fit. You should be using a 100micron filter ahead of the pump, and a 10 micron after the pump.

Reply to
.boB