starts then quits

My 98 cobra will start and run for about 5 minutes then quit, it will fire right back and do the same thing. It will quit while going down the road too but will start right up again. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong? Thanks

Reply to
blk98cobra

First thought, fuel filter....

Reply to
Gumby619

First thought would be fuel delivery. For a simple (but unlikely) answer, unscrew the filler cap. That's usually too simple for my luck, though. After that would be a failing pump, or a clogged filter.

Reply to
.boB

I am probably making the job harder than it is because I have not checked the fuel filter, that I will do next. I will update and let you know if that does the job. Thanks!

Reply to
blk98cobra