convert to electric fuel pump

Can I convert my 1600 with dual carbs to an electric fuel pump? I don'

drive it enough, and usually kill the battery trying to start it. keep the battery on a trickle charger, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

-- bud68

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bud682's Profile:

this thread:

bud682

Sure you can use an electric pump. Mount it up front under the fuel tank. Be sure to fuse it.

Or you could drive the car more often. ;-)

Max

Reply to
max_welton_2k

I don't think your problems relate to your fuel pump.

keeping your battery on a trickle charger will destroy it.

Reply to
aiiadict

Correct advice on the fuel pump. I get them from Auto Zone for about 33 bucks with lifetime warrenty, listed for Vw with about 3lbs pressure and work well. I use solar charger on my outside vehicles and a "float" charger on the Puma. The "float" charger will not over charge the battery. These items I get from harbor freight and cost 10 to 20 bucks each depending if they are on sale or not. I also use a fuel pressure regulator from auto zone. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik