Dan

Try here,

You would have to replace your oil pan... Or maybe their Dipstick Kit would work on your pan.

#15-610 / #15-660 FORD 302 & 351W HIGH CAPACITY FRONT SUMPS #20-850 Dipstick Kit can be used with these pans.

#15-630 / #15-680 FORD 302 & 351W FRONT SUMP ROAD RACE PANS #20-850 Dipstick Kit can be used with these pans.

Reply to
351CJ

I am doing this same setup in my 66 Mustang. I'm using a serpentine belt. I bought a March alternator mounting bracket kit so I didn't have the bulky stock one. For the dipstick, I used the timing cover from my original 289 which as you know has the dipstick hole already on it. If you have any more questions, ask away.

Reply to
gcroix

interfers with the front sump oil pan mounting and would be measuring oil level in the shallow end of a front sump pan - not good. No problem. I can pull the dip stick tube out. I did. I can RTV the hole closed.

stick. I can't. The 85 engine has a serpentine belt set up and the HUGE alternator bracket is in the way.

V belt set up. I prefer to keep the serpentine set up as I already have it along with all brackets, pullies and bolts :-)

may be of help.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]