Parking Brake Cable Sticking

Hi, I gotta a problem. When I pull the parking brake the cable sticks on the right side. It will engage the parking brake but wont disengage .I can pull it back out but when I pull the parking brake again the cable gets stuck again. I thought rust or something might causing it. So I made the brake cable really tight hoping that I could bust up what ever was causing it. It didnt work. Do guys have any ideas?

Thanks, Evan

Reply to
Evan

Me too. 'cept mine is on my F150.

My cables aren't very old so needing to replacing them didn't seem likely. If you don't think you need to replace them, be sure they have a straight run without any sudden turns. Mine come into the conduit at the cable mount and take a nasty 90 degree turn to avoid the leaf spring mount. I tied the cables up somewhat with wire-ties and it helped to reduce the bend. It's better but still not perfect. Maybe I'll throw some WD40 at it at some point. It's a manual tranny and I use the e-brake often enough.

If yours are old and sticking due to rust... replace them. It'll only get worse.

-= Francis Yarra =- fyarraATjunoDOTcom

- My drywall website
- My C64 website
- My personal website

Reply to
Nospam9212

Evan, what year is your car? There was a recall on some of the newer ones.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

hmmm... I bet it doesn't apply then LOL