Sticking parking brake

95 GTI VR6 The parking/emergency brake doesn't always want to come back on the passenger side caliper. If I get under the car and push it with a screwdriver it moves back into position. seems like the return spring is weak or something. Is there a simple fix or do I have to swap out the caliper ?
Reply to
Paul Meier-Wang

Cable or new caliper.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Could be binding anywhere along the line.

Do you lube the cable?

Use graphite as it won't gum up.

Reply to
Dave

Is there a dispensing tool for cables? I recall something like that where you can attach it to the end and it pushes the lube into the cable. Any brand name come to mine? Anyone?

Reply to
Peter Parker

easy way to check. Disconnect the cable from the caliper and move the arm manually. If it doesn't return, the spring is weak or seized. You could try freeing it up but I think you might need a new caliper.

Reply to
Mustangbrad