Re: Need legal advice (car accident)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:50:50 -0500, "japhar81" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Hey even real lawyers admit to be just "practicing". Do you really think they will piss & moan over a piddly 5K for their client putting me through a month of hell? I've heard they like to play all sorts of games like pay lost wages at net rather then gross. They are already pissing an moaning about fixing my truck they way I and the body man want it done. The freaking difference between replacing a fiberglass panel and repairing it is about $140. They simply are refusing to give me the new panel, even though it was a new truck. These are some pretty tight bastards.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

To quote you from later in this post "These are some pretty tight bastards".

I've heard they like to play all sorts of

Thats not unreasonable. You dont pay taxes on your insurance settlement, so it comes out as a wash. You get what you would have gotten after taxes.

Dont give in on this one, seriously.

They prefer the term 'insurance professionals'.

Reply to
japhar81

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:23:47 -0500, "japhar81" wrote something wonderfully witty:

And I PTB, but hey what is in a name. The biggest Ace I have up my sleeve is an independent non-aligned witness who can testify she was tailgating him on the exit ramp while talking on a cell phone. This guy was a real decent Joe and stopped to tell the coppers exactly what was what. He saw everything, including how she was driving prior to hitting me.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

It would have been preferable, if you had had the cops call you an ambulance, or take you to the ER. At that point, insurance co.s start tripping all over themselves to settle... As it is though, you have a decent case, just gotta yell enough.

Reply to
japhar81