OIL DIP STICK 01 SENTRA

Hey guy's this is a question for a friend of mine. Had his sentra at the dealer with a broken dip stick.. plastic shank broken at 1/2 inch above metal stick. car under warranty ( three years and 36,00 miles) and he was charged 345.00 to remove the dip stick. Does this sound reasonable or should this be a warranty item. It is made of plastic and gets very hot in that area and I don't think it should have broke. What do you folks think. Please let me know if this has happened to any one else. Thanks in advance Gary

Reply to
Gary Harris