Turn signal switch part compatibility question

I need to replace the turn signal/headlight switch (no foglights) in a 1999 Altima. Does anyone have a way of looking up which models/years used the same switch? I assume at least all of the 2nd gen Altimas would have had the same switch, but what about the 1st gens or Sentras and Maximas?

Reply to
JM

I can't answer your question, but I'd look wider than just the three you looked at. The manufacturers tend to use a very small number of part numbers for the "typical" parts. There may be a part number on it, will look liked xxxxxx-xxxxxx, and that may be helpful in your junk yard scavenging.

Altima. Does anyone have a way of looking up which

Altimas would have had the same switch, but what about the

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Thanks. I was actually able to find a new one on eBay. The auction said they are the same for 94-01 Altimas, 95-99 Sentras, 98-June 01 Frontiers, and 2000- June 2001 Xterras, in case anyone else needs to know. Seems they did use the same piece for quite a few different vehicles.

Reply to
JM