Replacing turn signal switch

Given the risk vs. benefit in cost, any experience with getting a used turn signal switch for a 1990 K1500. I'm still trying to track down a short in
the electrical system and can't find any obvious damaged wires. I thought about replacing the turn signal switch but new ones appear to be very expensive.
Should I avoid used parts when replacing it? What years will work in a 1990 (with tilt wheel and cruise control)? Who has the cheapest online prices for such items? (I couldn't find turn signal switches listed on the most common sites (summit, jegs, chevypartspro, etc.)
Any help always appreciated! Thanks!
Tim
--
Tim Urbin
Bluff City, TN

turn
1990
for
common
Auto zone 29.99 check on line I think I got one there

in
thought