95 Altima Oxygen Sensor and Acceleration

I have a 95 Altima GXE with manual trans. I have only one problem with it. When I start accelerating, seems like the car looses power of fraction of a second and then gains it back. So, if I was to press a gas pedal it would start accelerating, then it feels like the power gets lost and then get a burst of of power again. The car idles steady with no flactuations, once I have it running on the highway on at a constant speed in any gear there is no problem and runs good. It is only when accelerating when I get this problem. The dealer told me it might have been the oxygen sensor, so I changed the one in the manifold. Still doing the same thing. I am not too eager to change the one at catalyst converter since it is triple the price. Anybody had the same problem ? Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Molodoi

I haven't had a 95 Altima but I will ask you this--ever change the trans-fluid? I was reading earlier today that it is recommended for those manual vehicles every 2 years or so. If your fluid is bad or low then you will get slippage under heavy loads aka. acceleration.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

P.S. Never believe a dealer

Reply to
Paul Witter