205 engine troubles

My engine is giving me hassle, just looking for a few pointers:

1: It sounds like the crank shaft bearings or similar may have gone (it moans at low-mid rpm coming from the bottom of the engine). Anyone agree/disagree? And how much would it cost a garage to fix it as I don't fancy doing it myself.

2: Also it makes a high pitched whine relative to rpm, which I think is coming from the cam belt, as it never did that before it was changed, but im not overly worried about it. I have checked it is tensioned correctly.

3: When cold it misfires badly under load when the throttle is more than about 1/2 open (before the second choke opens), until it's been running about 20 minutes and is properly warm. Is this likely because it's running too rich? I've reset the timing and checked the plugs/leads/dist cap so I dont think its electrical.

I'm wondering whether its worth getting it fixed if it is going to be expensive, in favour of seeing if I can get hold of a 2nd hand/reconditioned engine, good/bad idea? price? Thanks for any input Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

Forgot to mention it's an XS, so TU3S engine.

Reply to
stealthf0x