305 Engine mount

I think the lower engine mount on my 1986 305 (XU5 engine) has gone as I get a clunking as I put my foot on or of the gas. Is there an easy way to check? I read somewhere that you need to remove the drive shaft to replace the mounting as the mounting comes with a big casting tha the drive shaft passes through Is this true? Is there an easier way? Euro Car Parts Have a lower engine mounting for £51. This seems expensive! Regards from a new member.

Reply to
Edgar