Received Peugeot Parts CD's - verdict...

...definitely worth it! Its exactly what the dealers use to locate the parts you need. It strips the car right down, even to every single nut and bolt holding the car together. Gives you exploded, detailed diagrams. You just click on the sections. Gives you all the part numbers as well, so you can go into your dealer and say 'I want part number X'. Its definitely a good tool to have if you're trying to find what could be causing a particular problem i.e. you can see where the oils coming from, but what needs replacing - well this tells you!

Shame its only the parts CD's which are supplied and not the other sections which are listed on the main menu i.e. Accessories, Repair Procedures etc.

Good stuff!

Reply to
Chris

Hi Chris,

How did you get it ? I've heard of a french version on peer 2 peer networks, but I can't tell you more, as I ain't got an ADSL access...

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Where can you get them from? Sounds like a good buy!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

"Carl Gibbs" wrote in news:bkvfoo$5v542$1@ID-

166528.news.uni-berlin.de:

Ebay - just search 'Peugeot Parts' and a whole rake of them come up. I paid a little bit more for mine then some of those listed (£12.99 to be precise) as it quoted '2003 version' where the others didn't.

I got three CD's - 1st one is the install, 2nd is the parts catalogs for older Peugeots and the 3rd is for newer Peugeots. Covers every Peugeot that exists - even Boxer vans etc.!

Reply to
Chris

"G.T" wrote in news:3f73568d$0$27574$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

Searching Edonkey2000 brings up several Peugeot CD results - but even on ADSL, they take an eternity - or they just don't start because not many people are sharing them.

I looked down that avenue before I bought them ;o)

Reply to
Chris

Hello,

True there's a "snowball effect" (not sure this french expression can be directly translated) with p2p systems. Another question : does your CD also include such old models like early 05 series, french specs or so ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hello,

(...)

WOW, 10 years of Pugs on 3 CDs, with almost all possible versions, sure it's a must. I should try to find a set !

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Straight after i sent the message i realised and found loads on ebay :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I got mine yesterday for £1.99 + £1.50 p&p. An absolute bargain. I think I got lucky.

You've got to love eBay!

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

"Shaun" wrote in news:bl7id5$8ma$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

Yeah there were cheaper ones on there but the one I bought for £12.99 was on three CDs (most of the others were on only two) and was quoting '2003' version.

Yeah, sometimes - most of the time stuff goes for way OTT prices though!

Reply to
Chris