406 drivers window problem

If anyone can help.... my drivers side window has phases of going up and as soon as it reaches the top it will go all the way back down, it may do this once or it may be 6 times before it stays up....any clues anyone.....regards Mick.

Reply to
Mick Stevens

here's how the book says to re-initialise it:

"To re-initialise the safety auto-reverse function following disconnection of the battery, lower the window and then raise it by pressing the switch until it is completely closed(the windows will rise in stages of 2 inches). If frost or ice is present, for example, the window may refuse to rise and adopts safety auto-reverse mode. In this case: lower the window completely by pressing the switch. Then raise the window until it is completely closed. Normal operation will then be resumed"

Hope this helps, Neil

anyone.....regards

Reply to
Neil D

This sort of problem has often been discussed in the group. Do a Google searh in this group '406 window' (not windows). The solution you will find there worked for me.

Reply to
ken kerrison

Reply to
Mindwipe