wheel bearing noise on 206?

I've been trying to sort out some stramge clicking sounds on the front right of my 2000 206, but am getting a bit confused as to what might be causing it. The situation is basically that as the wheels rotate (either up on the ramp or on the road) there is a constant clicking sort of sound which can be 'felt' if you touch the driveshaft as the wheel is rotated.

The initial thought was that the driveshaft was damaged. It was replaced though and the clicking fault continues so the next thoughts of the mechanic are that it might be either some flaw with the wheel bearing or (god help me!) the differential!

Has anyone come across a similar problem? Does this sound like a common wheel bearing flaw? We now have the old driveshaft back on the car but I really hope it isn't the differential

Cheers for any thoughts...

Reply to
G_Samuel

bearings usually rumble when they are on there way out, it could be something like the brakes, maybe a warped disk, or faulty driveshaft gator...

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy