86 gp buckle safety light

Recently the buckle safety light or something like that start coming on and off when i am driving. It used too only come on when i first started the car and then it would go off. Now it comes on and off when i am driving and also my right turn signal sometimes just stays on instead of flashing but the left one is fine.

Reply to
Mastershake

Check for a loose wire connector going to the seatbelt retractor.

For the turnsignal problem check both front & rear bulbs, sounds like one of the filiments in the bulb broke.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,522 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

There is this little thermal disc in the "tone genorator" that makes the sound and light for the seat belt warning. When the solder eventually lets go you start getting symtoms like you describe. The one in my '84 T/A would usually only act up in cold weather. During the summer the seatbelt warning system didn't work at all. I finally fixed it this fall by resoldering the thermal disc to the circuit board and now its as good as new.

The tone generator is usually installed in the "convienence center" under the dash. This is one common place where various relays and the turn signal and hazard flashers are.

Your turn signal problem is probably due to a bad bulb or corroded socket contacts.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

thanks for the info i will try to fix it soon

Reply to
Mastershake