Seatbelt buckle "retainer"

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to get the round plastic things that go through the seatbelt (to hold the buckle where you can reach it) out? I'm missing the one from my driver's seatbelt, so I thought I'd try to get one from one of the back seats. This was easier said than done though. The ones I'm dealing with (in a 99 Altima) look like they're two pieces, one half is a disc with a shaft coming out of the centre, which pokes through the belt, and the other half is a disc with a hole that the other half snaps into.

I wouldn't mind getting a fourth one somewhere instead of robbing one of the other seats, but I don't know if it's something I can order from anywhere or not.

And no, before anyone suggests it, I don't want to sew any buttons onto the seatbelt or anything like that :)

Reply to
JM

seat belts are covered under a lifetime warranty by Nissan. Take it to the dealer and they will fix it for free

Reply to
NissTech

Even something as simple as that? Cool!

yes even something as simple as that

Reply to
NissTech

Well as it turns out, they don't cover them under the lifetime warranty, but they gave me one anyway.

Reply to
JM

Hmmm, seems like a big disconnect here. I'll get a chance to test it myself as the front passenge seatbelt isn't grabbing the metal tab thereby rendering it useless. We'll see how the Nissan dealer in Nashua, NH handles this.

"The early bird gets the worm but the sec>Well as it turns out, they don't cover them under the lifetime warranty, but

Reply to
warren