Backfire!

1988 6000 2.5 126,900 miles

Lately when I start the car in the morning, just sitting in reverse with the brake on, after a minute or so, the car will start to idle eratically. The RPMs will fluctuate and the engine will miss. The RPMs will fluctuate worse and worse until eventually the car stalls out just sitting there with the brake on. It might do it in drive also, but I've never tried that. When it stalls, it also lets out a small backfire. It's TBI. Any ideas? Thanks. Plugs and wires are only 8 months old.

Reply to
Travis King

Shep

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Shep

Reply to
Travis King

Sounds to me like a MAF, IAC, or TPS problem. Check and clean all those things. Clean the throttle body, too.

Reply to
PauL