Broken Turn Signal Lever?

Can someone tell me how I can replace the turn signal lever on my 1988 Sunbird,it does have cruise control,it has broke right at the steering wheel.Thanks for any help.Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

This is a thread about a Camaro but it's basically the same deal.

FBR

I'm sorry but mine is totaly different than the 77 camaro.Mine doesn't have the screw in it .It is similar to the one on my s-10 you just grab it and pull it out without pulling the steering wheel,but this one has a cruise control wire.Thanks Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

Basically, grab whatever you can of the stump, rotate it backward (counterclockwise when viewing from the left) and pull out at the same time. Ther cruise wires should have a connector somewhere in the vicinity.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
Scott

I appreciate all the advice.I haven't went to the junk yard yet but will be going soon.The signal lever isn't broken all the way off,just the plastic part at the base,that works the wipers.Again thanks !Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift