could some one answer this for me?

Ever since the idiots have flooded the group. Reported for what, not putting up with nonsense? Funny, you've posted in this group six times, five of which were to snivel at me. Now your actions point to you being nothing but a sock puppet for someone else. Reposting part of what was an obvious spoof, real bright. Don't like my posts, don't read them.

Reply to
FBR

FBR, I find it interesting that "robert -wanda fox" asks you to stop posting in this group and says "everyone is tired and fed up with your ignorance", when it is really "robert -wanda fox" we regulars are fed up with! I have been sitting here biting my tongue for far too long now as "robert -wanda fox" spews forth his/her drivel. First of all, methinks that "robert -wanda fox" may be gender-confused, given the name that he/she chooses to post under. Secondly, as near as I can determine in a search, "robert -wanda fox" has only been posting in the group since April 13/05 when he/she asked for help on a "check engine soon" issue. Since that time, "robert -wanda fox" had posted 18 additional messages, the vast majority of which have been moaning and groaning and sniping at you. As a longtime member of this NG, I wish to emphatically state that "robert -wanda fox" in no way represents the opinion of "everyone" in this group! Not even close! It's time that "robert -wanda fox" leaves the group to search for a real purpose in life, because he/she has contributed absolutely nothing to this group in his/her total of 19 posts. "robert -wanda fox" thinks himself/herself to be quite the wit but has proven to be quite the twit. I daresay that in a battle of wits, "robert -wanda fox" is completely unarmed.

In closing, if I may quote: "robert -wanda fox", "will you please,please stop posting in this group,and go moan and groan somewheres else.everyone is tired and fed up with your ignorance." Oh, and we're tired of you're poor grammar too. You see "robert -wanda fox", proper grammar is the first step in being understood and making sense. You have accomplished neither during your short visit to the group. So at risk of repeating myself, don't let the screen door hit your ass as you leave.

"FBR" wrote in message news:em0Ve.71950$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com...

Reply to
StingRay

all i care about is you people not posting nothing except either questions or answers to questions. not complaining.

But my first post I read was FBR attacking a newbies like me, because after looking and looking for days before I found this group, no one could answer my question. No one here can either. I have done all the work and this guy runs off at the spicket like a .05 cent wet wipe, and still doesnt try to answer my question. And why? I assume he doesent know much about Pontiacs, other than driving them, otherwise I think he would have at the least offered some advise.

So maybe he should calm down and take a break.

I am asking nicely this time FBR, please quit being a jerk.

And please just stay on GROUP TOPIC or NOTHING at all.

Reply to
Modder12

Quote "FBR Sep 12, 5:46 pm show options Newsgroups: alt.autos.pontiac From: "FBR" - Find messages by this author Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:46:58 GMT Local: Mon, Sep 12 2005 5:46 pm Subject: Re: could some one answer this for me? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Ever since the idiots have flooded the group. Reported for what, not putting up with nonsense? Funny, you've posted in this group six times, five of which were to snivel at me. Now your actions point to you being nothing but a sock puppet for someone else. Reposting part of what was an obvious spoof, real bright. Don't like my posts, don't read them." UnQuote

Actually FBR, after my BA in computer Sciences I should tell you that what I posted was actually on the Google Groups website and not mail, spam or a spoof, and it was a direct quote (minus your full email) from another post on Google groups.

See buddy, I can tell by the embedded code, that you actually use the same computer as you did then, but then heck, what do I know, I dont have a cool name right?

Why dont you follow the rules of usage of Google Groups that you HAD to agree to when you joined the group?? Let me refresh your memory. :

  1. defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
  2. post any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful Content;
  3. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service; (((This one here is where you are not only screwing my enjoyment up by being a scrooge, but quite a few other)))

Here is a link to the full TOS ... I suggest you go read it.

Start treating people with respect. Is that really so hard to do FBR. If you dont like newbs asking, then WTF are you doing in a help group? Honestly, it makes no sense. You want a buddy group, go make one.

Reply to
Modder12

Sniveled a lot.

Go away sock puppet.

Reply to
FBR

Lots of nonsense snipped.

You lose style points claiming education you obviously don't have. Look up "embedded code" before trying to use it. Unlike you, I don't post from Google groups. As to harrasment, look no further than your own posts. BTW, you want respect you earn it, not demand it. Now as I keep saying, you don't like my posts, DON'T READ THEM.

Reply to
FBR

snipped what is convienent for you. hmmmm

just don't post it. contribute positivly, or leave. pretty simple.

Enough negative posting, like bitching about people asking questions, and someone will remove you. Yes, even you can be removed, not by name, but by unique computer ID.

I dont give any respect for you, as you belittled me and all others needing help, because you are disgruntled about something or someone or just cause your in a crummy spot in life. Do not take it out on people that are asking for help.

I have not begun to be impolite. I have been completly restrained and nice to you, But you dont know what people have done before they ask, so you essentially are just drawing straws about what they do, with a pre-determined attitude your going to give.

I know how badly you want to be smart, and slam me in front of this huge group and all, but once again, you failed. When you transmit buddy, usenet, browser, 3rd party software, or any form of software taking your message from your home, to the google servers, it also transmits your info to track you in case you turn out to be a dick.

see, worked. Exactly what its for.

Reply to
Modder12

Modder12, first of all, welcome to the group. Your original post about your '91 Sunbird demonstrated that you have a pretty good knowledge of cars and I suspect you will become a valued member of the group. Heck, you've already given some sound advice to bdeditch. You covered a lot of bases trying to troubleshoot your Sunbird and frankly, I was at a loss as to where you should look next. I suspect that other regulars in here may have been baffled too. So the fact that we haven't helped you with your problem may simply because we would rather say nothing than B.S. you. Most of us in here are not licensed mechanics.

Having said that, it's really not your place to mandate the rules of the group, ("all i care about is you people not posting nothing except either questions or answers to questions.") because the group belongs to everyone. It would be a pretty boring group if we all spoke the same language and had the same beliefs. Some of our regulars may be a bit opinionated, if not downright blunt at times . . . and yes, sometimes a bit rude and crude. We all have friends and neighbors who tend to cuss and swear more than others, but that doesn't make their opinions any less valid. Only by being in the group for a reasonably long period of time can you reasonably see who contributes and who does not. And FBR has been a great contributor for a long, long time. While I can't speak for FBR, I suspect that his comments which instigated this whole discussion were borne from the same frustration that many of us feel when we see the same question raised for the 100th time, when a simple search of newgroup topics by the person raising the question for the 100th time would have given him the answer without asking it again. All FBR was really advising the poster was to learn to use the newsgroup properly.

So don't be so quick to judge FBR. I have usually found that if you read between the lines of his critical posts, he offers pretty good advice. We all use contrived names for our posts in here and the irony of course is that FBR could be your next door neighbor, your father-in-law, your brother, your pastor or your best friend. After a reasonable period of time, if you still don't like his posts, he has once again given good advice - just block his posts and you don't have to read them.

My best advice is to not take any critical or coarse posts too seriously. Focus on the good stuff in here. Life's too short to lose sleep over the small stuff.

Reply to
StingRay

Just answer me why I have to give you respect, when you belittle me when I come to the group? what makes you this bully from high school that i graduated from 12 years ago, yet apparently you have not? Same as the jocks or anyone who picked on the smaller kids right, it was because of ????

Why?? Why do you act this way, if you got the nuts to answer please do, otherwise I know your just starving for attention and i will have my answer.

Reply to
Modder12

More ranting snipped.

You a a troll. You also don't seem to have a full command of the English language. What part of "Don't like my posts, don't read them" do you not understand? The only thing you've done in this group is post your whining about not liking my posts. BooHoo, grow up and move along.

Reply to
FBR

You really have to let this battle go. It's getting you nothing but frustration. Go to bed and get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow will be better.

Reply to
StingRay

i know exactly what newsgroups are as I been programming the internet since it was invented.

I have been doing Microsoft groups for over 4 years, and I dont remember life being so booring that i could not answer the same question over and over as people needed to know it, without blowing up.

But i know that bs is not tollerated on Microsofts groups and usenets either, and thats the difference from them to google groups,

He was being a jerk, and thats not opinionated, thats just plain being a dick. i dont care the excuse though, honestly its not that hard to not be a jerk, so, it really dont matter to me what is said about that. I am not perfect, not a kid, probably older than alot of people are here, and I am not going to have him talk to me like that. sorry, but no. Especially when he could have prevented it. Why even write it, unless hes being arrogent?

If i join something that is public domain with set rules, like a group or a forum, dang right I follow them, and also I do have every right to help enfoce these rules, but not only that, come on, hes being a jerk, and thats just bull.

Everything starts off with someone like him acting like him and eventualy ruins it for alot of people.

Hes not opinionated, hes just a jerk and I am not afraid to say it.

I never keep aquaintences that act like him. Why would I, thats just disgusting. BTW, i never threatened, nor would I.

See you all after he leaves. Adios for now. ;)

Reply to
Modder12

Is that a promise?

Reply to