NEED SOME ANSWER ............

Thanks to BLA BLA n WAVY for responding my letter hopely this will help me through my problem on my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR..... one more question my engine light been on off n on since i got the car 2 years ago last year was the first time they put my car on machine for my inspection it cost me 30 dollar before they came with the machine it only cost me i think 10 dollar or more. my question is can i put the old wires back to my car and buy the double platinum spark plugs? what do you think?........ i change my spark plugs and wire last month. maybe thats why my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ....

Reply to
vita via CarKB.com

If you have a bad cam sensor, the engine won't run. Why would you want to re-use old wires if you've got new ones? They're cheap. Sure, you can use platinum plugs as long as they are the proper gap and heat range.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

bout got to have the right spark plugs (double platinum) gap need yto be .040" instead of.600" then wires need to be check with OHM meter not to exceed 20k ohms. thinkin that if i bought the right plugs and put my aold wire it will past the inspections.

Reply to
vita via CarKB.com

Get the code read. The code will likely be stored in the code history if the light isnt currently on.

If you just changed the plugs and wires then likely something about those is off. Like I said the wires must have a resistance below 20k ohms. I get brand new wires sets all of the time with BAD wires in them. Also if your plugs are gapped at .060" try .040". You dont have to have platinum but non-platinum plugs have a much shorter life.

Double platinum plugs usually last 80k miles on a good running engine, poorly routed wires can chafe and arch themselves out before you get 40k miles out of them.

Reply to
BläBlä

ok how bout this as told you i change my wires right.... the only reason i chnge my wires coz i had spark plugs change. anyway i still have them old wires dont ask why i still have them:) how bout if i use that old wire buy another spark plugs. do you think it will past on inspection? you said the wire need to be perfect. .... saturn dealer wont listen instead they want me to buy a new car trade 2:) . so if i put the old wire the wire that originally was on it do you think it will work.? i live pay check to pay check 300..00 for part in labor i dont have. thank you.

Reply to
vita via CarKB.com

Plug wires due break down with usage and develope more internal resistance which reduction the spark current . THey can also start to leak too and further reduce energy to plugs.

SnoMan

hey snowman so what do i need to do do i need to go to buy spark plugs and wires first? and let them check it out where i bought it from? coz i dont really want to spend 300.00 for the part n labor. you know what i meant. please help me....

Reply to
vita via CarKB.com