Overheating?

I have a 97' Pontiac Sunfire convertable and recently I was driving down the road and I noticed the temperature gauge going up.I figured it was because it was about 100 degrees outside so I babied her home,But ever since that day if I drive when it's hot out, the temp rises unless I am able to keep at a steady pace in traffic then she will cool down and I'm able to drive at night just fine, it's just during the day when it's hot. I don't know what the problem is, I know nothing about cars, some one please help!

Reply to
allhaley

by the sound of it your fan isn't turning on, 9 chances out of 10 its your coolant temp sensor, they are well known for going on jbodys, either replace the part or hook your fan up direct. But like i said, its 9 out of 10, could be a number of things

Reply to
M.C. Tee

try looking at your engine fan, also check your cooling system and anti-freeze

Reply to
Workinman1

Try your radiator cap also... it may FEEL tight, but have it pressure-tested & find-out. Many auto parts stores will do it for free.

Reply to
jwardl