Pontiac Sunfire 1999 problem

Hi, I have a Pontiac Sunfire ?99 automatic that has the following problem: when I drive it on the highway at constant speed it starts to vibrate and the revs start to get lower and higher also, its like the car is going to turn off... if I push the gas pedal or lift my foot from it the problem goes away... After driving on the highway the problem persist in the city, specially when trying to start from a standing position... when the car is stopped or in neutral it also goes away... I already changed the fuel filter, the spark plugs and cleaned the injectors... somebody told me to change the wire set but I want to hear suggestions from somebody else...

Thanks!

JSM

Reply to
javisam

I think you need someone with 20 yrs experience at a shop to drive it. Vibration descriptions/diagnosis are not well handled in cyberspace. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Sounds like the tranny is slipping . Ask around for an reputable shop and get someone to test drive the car they should have little difficulty diagnosing the problem.

Sal

Reply to
sal