REDUCED ENGINE POWER LIGHT

Hi i have a 02 v6 bird and today i cranked it up to let her warm up and after the normal 15 minute warm up time i got in it to go to work, and had no power, also the "REDUCED ENG PWR" was on. it has done this once before about a month ago and after leaving the car all day it ran fine with no problem again till this am.

i guess there a problem since it has this light which seems to not be on the v8s

any insite would be awesome! thanks & emails are ok

jessika

Reply to
JESSIKA1027

"JESSIKA1027" wrote: > Hi i have a 02 v6 bird and today i cranked it up to let her > warm up and after the normal 15 minute warm up time i got in > it to go to work, and had no power, also the "REDUCED ENG PWR" > was on. it has done this once before about a month ago and > after leaving the car all day it ran fine with no problem > again till this am. > > i guess there a problem since it has this light which seems to > not be on the v8s > > any insite would be awesome! > thanks & emails are ok > > jessika

A bad fuel pedal sensor will cause the system to go into "limp mode" . It might also be called a throttle control valve.

Reply to
bonne

"bonne" wrote: > A bad fuel pedal sensor will cause the system to go into "limp > mode" . > It might also be called a throttle control valve.

would it be extremely intermitant?

Reply to
JESSIKA1027

Those things don't exist. That was a troll GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

"Geoff Welsh3" wrote: > JESSIKA1027 wrote: > > > "bonne" wrote: >  > > A bad fuel pedal sensor will cause the system to go > into "limp >  > > mode" . >  > > It might also be called a throttle control valve. > > > > would it be extremely intermitant? > > Those things don't exist. That was a troll > GW

I fixed my dads 2003 Trailblazer by replacing the Throttle Control Valve. His "Reduced Power Light" is no more and vehicle runs great. His problem was intermitent. Thats it! say what you will.

Reply to
bonne

ugh do u think a gremlin/troll woulda happened twice??? same senario two months apart...

luckly enough i had an extra car to drive those days, cause it wasnt driveable...its just sooo frustrating to know that it just may happen some time, no warning or cause...

Reply to
JESSIKA1027

That's not what it's called.

I got this from work: "Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System Description

The throttle actuator control (TAC) system delivers improved throttle response and greater reliability and eliminates the need for mechanical cable. The TAC system performs the following functions: ? Accelerator pedal position sensing ? Throttle positioning to meet driver and engine demands ? Throttle position sensing ? Internal diagnostics ? Cruise control functions ? Manage TAC electrical power consumption

The TAC system components include the following: ? The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensors ? The throttle body assembly ? The throttle actuator control module ? The powertrain control module (PCM) "

No "fuel pedal sensor" no "throttle control valve" GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Throttle by wire is scary as hell. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

"Geoff Welsh3" wrote: > bonne wrote: > > > "Geoff Welsh3" wrote: >  > > JESSIKA1027 wrote: >  > > >   > > > "bonne" wrote: >  > >  > > A bad fuel pedal sensor will cause > the system to go >  > > into "limp >  > >  > > mode" . >  > >  > > It might also be called a throttle > control valve. >   > > > >   > > > would it be extremely intermitant? >  > > >  > > Those things don't exist. That was a troll >  > > GW > > > > I fixed my dads 2003 Trailblazer by replacing the Throttle > Control > > Valve. His "Reduced Power Light" is no more and vehicle runs > great. > > His problem was intermitent. Thats it! say what you will. > > > That's not what it's called. > > I got this from work: > "Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System Description > > The throttle actuator control (TAC) system delivers improved > throttle > response and greater reliability and eliminates the need for > mechanical > cable. The TAC system performs the following functions: > ? Accelerator pedal position sensing > ? Throttle positioning to meet driver and engine demands > ? Throttle position sensing > ? Internal diagnostics > ? Cruise control functions > ? Manage TAC electrical power consumption > > The TAC system components include the following: > ? The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensors > ? The throttle body assembly > ? The throttle actuator control module > ? The powertrain control module (PCM) " > > No "fuel pedal sensor" no "throttle control valve" > GW

actually Geoff...there is a throttle control valve and a fuel peddal sensor (throttle postion sensor) in the TAC system. The valve is located on the side of the throttle body and the postion sensor is located inside the vehicle at the accelerator pedal. Sounds to me Jess that the postion sensor got water/muck into it like a lot of them have been getting. I have had to replace 6 of them on diesels (same system idea is used..no throttle cable)..and had the same L.O.P. light.

Reply to
autotek27

If you think an APP (not "fuel pedal" which is a ridiculous fake name) and a TPS are the same thing then you are totally lost. Use "actually" all you want, you are still wrong. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

"Geoff Welsh3" wrote: > autotek27 wrote: > > > "Geoff Welsh3" wrote: >  > > That's not what it's called. >  > > >  > > I got this from work: >  > > "Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System Description >  > > >  > > The throttle actuator control (TAC) system delivers > improved >  > > throttle >  > > response and greater reliability and eliminates the > need for >  > > mechanical >  > > cable. The TAC system performs the following > functions: >  > > ? Accelerator pedal position sensing >  > > ? Throttle positioning to meet driver and > engine demands >  > > ? Throttle position sensing >  > > ? Internal diagnostics >  > > ? Cruise control functions >  > > ? Manage TAC electrical power consumption >  > > >  > > The TAC system components include the following: >  > > ? The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensors >  > > ? The throttle body assembly >  > > ? The throttle actuator control module >  > > ? The powertrain control module (PCM) " >  > > >  > > No "fuel pedal sensor" no "throttle control valve" >  > > GW > > > > actually Geoff...there is a throttle control valve and a > fuel peddal > > sensor (throttle postion sensor) in the TAC system. > > The valve is located on the side of the throttle body and > the postion > > sensor is located inside the vehicle at the accelerator > pedal. > > > > If you think an APP (not "fuel pedal" which is a ridiculous > fake name) > and a TPS are the same thing then you are totally lost. > Use "actually" all you want, you are still wrong. > GW

oh well..guess my working on diesels the last 15 yrs where none of them have a throttle cable (they run the TAC system) makes me wrong. Just wonder what book you read to get the understanding of the system. Good luck to you Jess

Reply to
autotek27

GENERAL MOTORS Service Manuals. Who cares what deisels call their parts??? This is a PONTIAC group.

Thanks, but I don't need luck, I have the proper info. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh