Today I have been mostly

Welding.

SWMBO and the wee one are out visiting.

At long last I am having some time on the Sylva. That's the upper half of the engine cradle made now.

Quick cup of tea, some top quality Scottish cholesterol and I'm back out for some more sparks and noise.

Should get the other half done between the rest of today and tomorrow.

What a great feeling it is to actually make something again.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Indeed. TIHBM... building a kennel. Or so SWMBO thinks. Just wait 'til I get the mini subframes and R1 in there! Muahahaha!!!

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Sounds very similar actually.

My car is definitely a shed and it's having a bike engine.

Boom Boom !!

Afternoon not quite so good.

Decided that I needed to part make the mounts then fix to the engine then finish them. Needed some M10 set screws. B&Q don't actually sell such a thing.

So, tomorrow I'll be at Screwfix for opening time with my shopping list in hand. I'll end up with 10x the stuff for half the price.

Just need to go and borrow some lathe time to make some bosses to weld in for the bolts to pass through.

We'll get there.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle