Today I have mostly been listening to.....

..... 'Hacienda Classics' mixed by 'Hooky' (Peter Hook, the bassist from New Order for those too young to know....)

Fantastic 3 CD mix of 'old skool' dance. Brings back some memories, that does.

SteveH

Top toonage indeed. Today I have mostly been listening to that re-released Brian Eno & David Byrne album, bush something or other or whatever it's called.

And also being berated at work for listening to Beethovens 9th symphony. Does that make me a ponsy wanker?

Reply to
conkersack

Top stuff. Silly question, but whence did you acquire it?

Reply to
Carl Bowman

Well, the release date there is wrong - it was actually released today.

I (accidentally, boss)[1] bought it on Saturday.

[1] Honestly, it was a mistake. Had a bit of catching up to do on Saturday, so checked in the Friday deliveries myself, rather than leave 'em to the stockroom girl today...... I must have missed the 'do not put on sale until Monday' slip in the box.
Reply to
SteveH

Heh.

This is my defence for leaving the important stuff like booking in deliveries and operating a till to other people ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

You see, this is what happens when those in charge actually try and do the important work ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Been listening to a load of old punk/Ska/Ian Dury Ah the memories

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Hehehe.

Silly ol' musicians trying to be cool.

Next, we'll have Kenny Loggins restyling himself as "K-Log".

I've been needing some tolerable dance stuff for when I'm sick of the crap I keep listening to.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I really don't think it's Peter Hook trying to be cool, after all, he

*was* a part owner of said club, so he's only cashing in on the name - which he's perfectly entitled to do, after pissing away all the New Order money on keeping the place open!

The 'Hooky' thing is what his ex called him on that 'Mrs Merton Show' thingie from a decade back.

Heh.

I think you'd like it. It's definitely your era.

Reply to
SteveH

Tony Wilson, what an astute businessman eh? Wonder why they fell out with him...

BTW Despite being more or less completely ignored, Waiting for the Sirens' Call is rather good too, but you probably know that already.

Reply to
Carl Bowman