switch back/forth from Synthetic to Conventional

I've got a 2002 Grand Am (3.4L V6) with almost 99,000 miles on it.

I recently switched over to synthetic oil (Valvoline Max Life Synthetic) b/c i had a coupon from vioc and figured i'd try it out. Now, i've gotten it a couple of times, but i haven't noticed any increase in mpg. Actually, i've noticed i've lost about 1-2 mpg on average over what i was getting. What would explain that? Seems to have been getting better lately though.

Anyway, now I'm thinking I don't require synthetics in my car, b/c it doesn't haul anything and I live in Missouri which doesn't get temperatures that are TOO extreme.

Is it harmful to my engine to switch back to the Conventional Max Life?

Reply to
paleface23

more ethanol in gas, colder temps, low tire pressure, driving habits, dirty injectors, dirty air filter, dirty fuel filter, worn spark plugs and wires

No. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh