Re: how soon ok to switch to synthetic

can you mix dino and syntec? from two different quarts of oil?

will there be problem if ur car uses syntec and change back to dino?

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

> >>Actually there is plenty of proof that synthetics out perform convetional >>oils. If you would like, I'll spend a hour or two next week and then I >>will >>send the results to you. >>My quess is your not that interested, like you said we will never convince >>the non-believers like you and I quess that's OK. >>Just a note: We run two large snowcats here in the winter and the >>manufacturers(Piston-Bully) require that synthetic gear oil be used to >>maintain the warranties. >>My 05 Frontier come loaded with synthetic in the diffs and that is what >>the >>manual states. However, it could be a conspiriciy with the big oil >>companies. >>Let me know and I'll also send along some oil analysis printouts from both >>Toyotas and Ford. Good reading. > > Synthetic or dino or a mix of the two. Doesn't matter. Just change > your oil regularly... > > I work the hell out of my truck (No, not a Nissan) so it gets the > synthetic in the crankcase, the diffs, the tranny and transfer case.. > The other cars? (Yes, I've got a Nissan w/160k+ in there) get good > ol' dino..
Reply to
AirborneDSM

You can mix and match. There's no problem other than that you somewhat "dilute" the benefits of 100% synthetic.

Reply to
Reece Talley

The jugs of Mobil1 I have in my garage say "Compatible with all oils". However, when I said "mix of the two" I was referring to the synthetic blends out there. The OEM oil for my truck is a synthetic blend 5W20.

I doubt it. My only "bad" experience with going from dino to synth was that synth seems to have a lot more detergents in it and "dissolved" the gunk that was preventing a front cover leak on a Pontiac V8. The synth slipped right through it and I had to replace the cover's gasket to stop the leak. (Anyways, that's my theory...)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego