2000 Boxster trunk wont open

Group, I have a 2000 Boxster that suddenly I can't open the rear trunk. A whiring sound is heard at the trunk but the lid dose not release when the trunk botton is pushed. How can I get into the trunk to do repair? Dose any one know about this? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks, Bruce Buchanan

Reply to
brujan

wrote

You could use the manual release next to the driver's seat... duh!

FloydR (wife has a 2000 Boxster too)

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Any help would be greatly appriciated.You could use the manual release next to the driver's seat... duh!

Thanks for the info could you be more specific? Honestly something like this has been searched for and not found. The car is new to us, also I am trying to help at a distance, the car is out of town and I am trying to help others over the phone. Bruce

Reply to
brujan

wrote

On the floor between the driver's seat and the door sill are two levers. The front one opens the front trunk, the rear opens the rear trunk. They're hard to see and operate with the door closed, and appear to be flush with the sill. On the passenger side there are map pockets in the same place - have your "others" compare sides.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers