European delivery - your experiences?

I am strongly considering doing this next year, and taking 3-6 mos off to drive it all around Europe.

Can anyone else share their experience doing their own European delivery?

Reply to
Dan Stephenson

I have no experiences but I know it takes a week to fly a car over the ocean, or a month to cross the ocean in a container.

I don't know how you could obtain an european license plate; maybe you could go to Germany. The TUV allows to register almost every vehicle, but american cars are very different from european cars, expecially in lights, type of fuel and security items.

Good luck!

Reply to
Piernicola Comuniello

While I have not personally taken European delivery, I have been at the factory when others did. Porsche has this procedure down pat, and between Porsche, Germany and Porsche North America and the dealer, they will guide you thru the process.

Here's a link to the latest info from the factory:

Just remember: Porsches always drive in the left (fast) lane on the autobahn!

Reply to
Guru