TECH: Help on my Porsche 1999 911 C4 Mass Air Sensor

Hello,
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently got my oil changed and asked the dealership to check why the engine light was on. He
replied that the Mass Air Sensor needed to be replaced. This, with labor, would cost $900 so I went online and bought a new one for $250. I installed it correctly, but unfortunately the engine light still remains.
Am I supposed to drive it a few times in order for it to correct itself? I should also note that I recently installed a K&N cold air intake on the car as well.
Thank you,
Sean
Hello,
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently got my oil changed and asked the dealership to check why the engine light was on. He replied that the Mass Air Sensor needed to be replaced. This, with labor, would cost $900 so I went online and bought a new one for $250. I installed it correctly, but unfortunately the engine light still remains.
Am I supposed to drive it a few times in order for it to correct itself? I should also note that I recently installed a K&N cold air intake on the car as well.
Thank you,
Sean
Hey, Sean
You installed the K&N and the check light came on, so you replaced a sensor instead of backing off the K&N install? Is that the scenario? Can you give any more detailed info/sequence of events? For example, is the light on all the time that the engine is running?
Dave