New Boxster (UK)

Can anyone tell me what the life expectancy of a set of tyres for a new 2.7 Boxster should be?

I am not intending to drive it hard (all the time), but just want to take it out and enjoy it as an everyday car.

I estimate on doing 20k mile a year, most of which will be done on a mix of M and A roads (mainly A).

TIA

Simon C Currently: Porsche 912 (1969) & Alfa Romeo 156 To reply: remove nospam. from the address

Reply to
Simon C

When I went shopping, one of the first things out of the salesman's mouth was that the factory installs extra soft tires. This is so that the test drive includes satisfactory handling. Then he said I shouldn't expect to get more than 12,000 km from them. When they're replaced, most people put harder rubber on. They'll last longer and are not quite as good at gripping.

BFMartin

Reply to
BFMartin