Braided brake lines update

I asked awhile back if anybody had replaced their brake lines with DOT stainless lines. Well I went ahead and did it on my SC and noticed an improved pedal feel. I also let them use some expensive synthetic brake fluid (not silicone), so I think it may have been a combination of both. However, my mechanic stated that it's so dry where I live, brake fluid soaking up water is rarely a problem, and he doesn't think the new brake fluid and flushing did as much as replacing the brake lines -- which were 25 years old.

Anyway, as many of you told me, I'm not sure the car stops any quicker, but the peddle does feel much better now.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Sheldon

Reply to
Sheldon

Glad to hear you're happy with 'em, that's all that really matters isn't it?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel