Removal of Door Lock on Rover 200 Series (Coupe)

Hi all,

I need to change the driver's door lock on a 98 Coupe (the one for sale below), as I've discovered it doesn't work. When fiddling behind the door panel, I can remove all the lock fittings apart from a copper coloured rod which joins the lock cylinder to the door catch below. It's threaded on the lock cylinder end and has a short runner at the other end. Looking at it, there doesn't seem to be an easy way of removing it, so I think I've overlooked something obvious. Can anyone describe the quickest way to remove the lock cylinder from this car? It's a 98 Coupe (based on the 216).

Your help would be much appreciated.

Glynn

Reply to
Glynn Timmins

In message , Glynn Timmins writes

There will be a small C shaped clip holding the plastic piece to the lock barrel, when you've removed this, you can remove the lock barrel from the handle. You will need to insert the key into the lock so you can slide the barrel out, otherwise it will not come out. When you say it doesn't work, in what way do you mean?

Reply to
Al

Thanks for your help, Al. To answer your question, the barrel doesn't turn because someone forced a screwdriver into it, in an attempt to steal my wife's handbag. Today a new lock arrived from Rover, matched-up to the key number. It's got the cabling for the central locking and immobiliser pre-wired to it. So it's just the case of swapping them, which I'll do over the weekend.

Reply to
Glynn Timmins