Crook lock removal

Sadly, i've lost the key to the Eagle Claw steering wheel lock on my Golf that's been parked idle for a while. Anyone local to N1 London. who can help me get it off?

Thx

Marc

Reply to
marcb

Just get it towed round to E1 and ask...

;-)

Reply to
Scott M

Steering wheels from the scrap yards are only a few quid.

Reply to
dsr

get a hacksaw start cutting the lock or find the key or cut the steering wheel make sure you have a replacement ready to refit before you cut the first one as you may not be able to drive it unless you have a flashiy "whoosh woosh" light on the front :)

Reply to
dojj

Most steering wheels are press fit. There are usually 2 bolt holes on either side of the hub. Might cost you another quid for two bolts and three wide washers to pop the wheel off. o)(o

Reply to
dsr

Just get angry with it. Brute force, a hammer, thick screw driver and a crow bar are all thieves would use. It's amazing what will give way with a bit of force and the attitude "who cares if I scratch it". I believe Halfords rate the Eagle Claw as above average protection, i.e. it will hold a thief up for between 2 and 5 minutes.

___

DP

Dont know what a eagle claw looks like - but cant you leave the car door open (cover it with a old damp blanket) and use one of those disc grinders at suitable points to get it off .

Reply to
CW