Rover 75 Light bulbs

Hi

I read in a magazine the other day that if a light bulb blows on a Rover 75 it has to be taken to a Main Dealer to be replaced at a quoted cost of £30 per bulb

Apparently this applies to ANY bulb, headlamp, indicator, stop/tail even to a number plate bulb and is a result of the "bulb failure warning" gadget.

Can anyone confirm that this is true, as I simply cant belive it. If so has anyone had experience of this?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Reply to
MHarris305

No it's not true. In fact, it's complete boll***s!

Reply to
RacingFan

In message , MHarris305 writes

No. That isn't true at all. They use normal bulbs. Granted, the headlamp ones can be tricky to get at (accessed under the wheel-arch...!) but there's no reason why any competent person can't replace them. The only major expense regarding lighting may be the Xenon headlamp unit failing (fitted to some vehicles), in which case it will be very expensive to replace, but these are not a true bulb, more like a spark plug (to put it simply) and they shouldn't fail under normal circumstances, unless accident damaged.

Reply to
Al