E32 door brake removal

Anyone know how to easily remove the E32 door brake? The door panel is solid right where the door brake is making its removal difficult. Also, how do I remove the pin that attaches the door brake arm to the car body? It doesnt resemble the drawings on the OEM sites. It appears, instead, to have expanding clips that keep it in place. I'd like to remove without destroying them. Any ideas? Finally, if you have removed one of these - is it worth trying to lubricate or should I just buy a replacement? It is making a terrifyingly loud noise at each detante and the action actually caused the receiving latch to break the weld.

Reply to
PDO