Replacing head lamp bulb

I have a 9000 Griffin (1996) and quite simply I don't seem to be able to get to the off-side headlamp inorder to replace the bulb. The back of the lamp is surrounded by hoses and pipes making access impossible. Having got the cover off and realising that I could not go any further it took me 20-30 minutes to replace it securely. I have normal fingers and dexterity and do not suffer from rhuematism or arthritis.Have I discovered a design fault (yes) or have I missed the obvious (yes). A thousand thanks to anyone who can guide me through the process.

Cheers,

Steve

Reply to
steve massheder

in article 7jQAb.7324$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net, steve massheder at snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote on 8/12/03 1:17:

Steve, if its like our "new"L reg 9000CSE, yes its difficult, also you have dip & main beam bulbs I found main beam most difficult you have to do most of it by feel. Check the orange main/dip relay is ok or check you have 12v at the bulb holder before removing bulb My fingers don't work as well as they used to, squint at the holder through the gap behand the aftmost heat exchanger Regards

Reply to
Frank Sweeting