The Future of Saab Design and Engineering

Hey Everyone,

Assuming that Saab is capable of getting their business end in order, what is in store for the future of the company as a car engineering and design firm? What direction do you think they will take? Will they continue to make high-performance, fun to drive cars with unique design elements, high build quality and efficient resource usage, or will they move towards something else? Obviously, Saab has had some dubious design choices in the GM era, but they still maintained enough uniqueness to keep them different (how much is up to interpretation), but they did have good build quality overall, and nice performance. Where do they go from here?

Aaron W. Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

More importantly, will they START to?

The new 9-5 is most certainly NOT a design bloodline I would like to see continued. horrible comes to mind.

Reply to
PJGH

I've heard tell that it's a lot nicer in person than in the photos. :) I'd like to see some changes in their line-up, for sure, if it improved the overall enjoyability of the cars, but I have to admit that I have been immensely pleased with my 2005 9-3 Sport Sedan.

Aaron W. Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

At least now the can design a hatch-back since BMW has created one (that is, since they were copying what BMW was doing trying to get to its markets ... great success NOT it was too).

Look for BMW Gran Turismo

I am sure the 9000 had a prettier rear end :-)

Charles

Reply to
Charles C

You mean the 9000 CS/CS; not the earlier 'green house' hatch.

Reply to
johannes

I stand corrected :-) The version you got (I had).

:D C.

Reply to
Charles C

Nine still not using any oil in engine, 170k miles. Body still mint. I think the design looks good, not as messy as on new cars desperately trying to look different. Niggling problems outside engine though. The worst was that indicator arm broke off. Probably by some irate flashing, serves me right. Found one from another car. This car can go on forever if you bother looking for parts.

Reply to
johannes