Emissions delemmia

My 95 Sl1, automatic, has been through a lot with my experiments lately. We have resolved several transmission codes. yeah, woo! and an egr problem. My question now is Last attempt to get it inspected a couple months ago, I had high hydro-carbons in both high rpm test and low idle. The EGR, a new O2 sensor, and most of a tank of additive have gotten all but the hydro carbons in high range down into specification. and it's dang ed close to passing... but working nights and only having two more days to get it inspected, I'm starting to freak out a little. the other option is to submit paperwork showing that I put int in for repair... Any Ideas, has any one seen any words of wisdom from Wolfman on this one?

Reply to
madMike

Go out and buy several bottle of dry gas or Gasolene anti freeze (get methanol type) and add it too tank. ALso use 93 octane too. Run it realy hard before test to clear underbunt hydrocarbons from exhaust system. Also when ever you coast before test slip it into neutral so that excess oil is not being sucked past rings and valve guides during high RPM coasts and adding extra hydrocarbon to exhaust system. Th 93 oct will allow for more spark advance to increase burn time and the Alchol will add oxygen to fuel to lower HC PPM. One more thing, do test when it is cool outside if possible, not at peak of heat.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan