01 SL1 Automatic Transmission HELP!!

Hi. Today I changed the transmission fluid and filter on my 01 SL1 automatic. After changing, my "check engine soon" light came on and my transmisson is shifting rough??? I used Dextron III and the fluid level is showing full. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

Reply to
bjohnson8379

Check that you didn't disconnect the trans temp sensor wire by mistake when you changed the filter. It's right beside the filter, and very easy to pull/rip off.

Reply to
TC

Look on google and type in valve body saturn scroll to saturn transmission problems ,I have beeen having this problem since 60,000 or so miles and i just do not have money to fix but sure its your problem and saturn will not back you.

Reply to
plumnice2u

look on google type in valve body saturn scroll to saturn transmission problems , I have had this problem and no money to fix it since 60,000 miles now at 72,000 saturn will not back you.

Reply to
plumnice2u

Well, yeah. I don't know anyone who'd give you a freebie repair after you've put 12,000 miles on a busted transmission, given that in some cases, even a hundred miles after they start acting up can basically waste everything. If it's a seal issue, 12,000 miles is more than enough to flat out cook the thing good.

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski